The Australian Institute of Packaging (AIP) will be introducing a new half-day training course on the Introduction to Extrusion Blow Moulding. The first course will be held on Thursday the 26th of July at the Viewpoint Centre, St Kilda, Victoria, and the presenter will be Stephen Barter.
OVERVIEW OF THE COURSE
Extrusion Blow Moulding is a challenging and complex process. The Extrusion Blow Moulding process is capable of delivering a wide range of Plastic Bottles and Hollow Plastic parts to suit almost any Rigid Packaging and Industrial application. The array of Extrusion Blow Moulding techniques, shapes, resins and additives can solve many Branding and Manufacturing challenges and the risks in making the wrong choice in bottle shape and style can prove to be a very expensive exercise. Plastic Bottles are an added cost to the marketing process, traditionally termed a ‘grudge purchase’. The course will discuss how to make this an essential component to the delivery of products to the Consumer by adding value to the function and reducing the bottle cost as part of the overall package.
The aim of this half-day training course is for the attendee’s to gain an insight into the Extrusion Blow Moulding process and how they can make better packaging decisions that will increase the success rate of new product introduction and how existing products can be refined to improve performance from the Moulding shop, filling through to the Consumer experience.
Topics to be discussed;
• Extrusion Blow Moulding Process overview and the associated components.
• New Bottle introduction into Manufacturing, the steps required to ensure project success from design to the Shelf.
• How far can we push designs to meet the demands of marketing concepts?
• How to avoid Packaging project failures.
• Choosing the right bottle type and material grade.
• Cost reduction opportunities through better design and testing the true capability of bottles.
• Improving the performance of existing bottles and how you can reduce overall costs. Opportunities to enhance the Consumer Experience.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
People who will benefit from this course include Packaging Technologist and Designers of all levels, marketing people wanting to understand design options, Project Managers wishing to start or refine Packaging Projects, Process and Technical Managers. People in roles that require Rigid Packaging.
To book your place simply email email@example.com for a booking form or log on to www.aipack.com.au