1957 Commenced operations producing costume jewellery, buttons and buckles;
1960 Commenced operations as Astor Base Metals Pty Ltd, Darlinghurst Sydney;
1961 Business moved to Abercrombie Street, Chippendale. Production increased to short runs of decorative name plates for radios, record players and refrigerators;
1963 Astor Base Metals pioneers electroplating of plastic and becomes the first company world-wide to electroplate plastic buttons and buckles, successfully marketing them locally and overseas;
1971 Astor Base Metals purchases premises on its current site in Lakemba and adds 6000 sq./feet to house the electroplating facility, which with added improvements, is still operating today;
1980 Further adjacent premises purchased to house the injection moulding section;
1991 A disastrous fire destroyed most of the premises, forcing the company to operate from temporary premises for 2 years while maintaining customer volumes and quality requirements;
1993 The Hon. P.J. Keating, the then Australian Prime Minister, officially opened the new premises as they stand today.